Thursday, February 7, 2008

History

     This photo was taken in 1953.  It evidentually was a family gathering at my home.  It is special because my Grandparents, and Jack"s grandparents are present.  I also see my Uncle and aunt, and Jack's parents.  I note the clock on the shelf in the corner.  I still have that clock.    I note that Grandpa Oscar is sitting on the antique chair that sits in our bedroom.   I don't see any of us children, we probably were sitting in the kitchen.  Would they have ever realized that in the future our families would be united because your dad and I would marry.
     I know that my mom was a very good cook, and a capable hostess.  I have only one memory of times that she entertained.  She had a china bowl, it was a quite thin china and she always served cole slaw in it.I have it so I had to go look at it, she had written under it that it was my grandmothers. 
    The room looks much the same to this day.  I guess you children could also remember many meals served in that room.  Any memories that you can share?

11 comments: