Saturday, March 22, 2008

lunch time

This is a "I Remember" story.  Taking lunch to the field for the men was a very significant part of the day.  I have found a couple of photos that show different periods history.  One is much older than the other.  I also remember sitting by the hay stack eating the lunch together.  It was the haystack that was being made that very day. It wasn't just any old lunch, it was important that it be very special.  Grandma Helen was good at creating lunches, but it also was very time consuming for her.  I think the children enjoyed the trips to the field and being a part of "lunch  time."  They could run around and play.  Grandma Lennie is the driver of the older car.  I am driving the newer car.  Jack is in the car, Glenn to the left, and Oscar to the right.  We also took noon meals, and that was quite a production.

7 comments: