Sunday, December 21, 2008

christmas

This photo is taken in the O'Brien house, you should all recognize it.  I think that they tried to take photos of us to remember the day.  But I think we were alone for Christmas eve.  I don't remember any great amount of gifts.  Actually rather simple compared to today.  We looked forward to the box from our Uncle and Aunt in Washington.  They had a store and probably sent items from there, I think I may still have some things from them.  I think we probably spent Christmas day with Uncle harry and Aunt Beatrice, Matt and Mavis and girls, or sometimes that Uncle Clarence and Aunt Eva came with our cousins.  When ever Uncle harry and family came,  my dad usually gave the men haircuts some time while they were there.  One year they were with us for either Christmas or New Years and a blizzard came up and they stayed over night with us.  As to gifts, my parents usually got us one nice thing.  I remember the year they gave us clock radios, they were really nice ones and we had them for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment