Sunday, September 18, 2011

this week

I haven't been writing every day, but so much is happening so I will try to recap the week.  We are thankful for the harvest progress.  They have combined all that was swathed and ready, the standing grain wasn't ready and it ended up misting later in the day.
It is a good year at school.  Our high school is small but we know we are going to be able to help some students succeed just be cause of the small numbers.  Friday I had so many students with me that I felt like a hen with her chicks.  We have some students that we are just feeling our way as to what they know and how to help them.  Pray for me that I have wisdom as I start helping a student with Math.
After school I have been doing some errands,  I had met a gal voer by Leeds, I went to visit her and saw that she was buying jars to can, I told her I had a lot that I could share, so the next night after school, I washed and boxed them for her, she came and got them Thursday evening.  I also went to see Hannah andersons mom with a dvd about the Rance girls brain injury, I know it was a help for her.  That was a busy day because I then drove to Starkweather school for another post office meeting.  This time the Devils Lake post master was the speaker and there were people from a number of towns.  and you realize that some of our roads are under construction so we have to take a roundabout way to get where we are going.
We have started Bible Study so that is the day I clean the church.  I try to see Frank and dorothy atleast once a week.  He was not doing good on Friday.
Saturday, Aliyah came and spent some time learning to sew.  She learns fast, and it was a good day, she likes to talk.  I know she likes cats, so I took her to see Franks cat.  At the end of the day she made some cards with stamps.
Her and Jerry were with us at for dinner and supper.  He did some cleaning out in the house across the road.
A family from Michigan has bought the bank building.  He works in the west with the oil and wants to find a place for his family.  I question how he will be able to get all of them into that house.  I think you guys remember visiting with Grant and Lucille there.
Today is another day and this is what I read, it is good:


There's Always a Way

For Christ's love compels us.... --II Corinthians 5:14

Glenda Heisley and her family are Mennonites who tend a small farm in the pasturelands
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The Heisleys have a herd of goats and cows, besides
their modest fields of corn. Glenda loves to sing, and she's a member of her church's
choir. Shortly after the terrorist attacks of 2001, she and her choir friends wondered,
How can we help the people of New York City? Our denomination has already sent medical
supplies, but what can our church do?

They asked God to show them how a few farmers from the cornfields might encourage
the city folk of New York. God gave them a wonderful idea. Early one Friday morning,
Glenda and her church friends boarded a bus for New York. They took with them a
stack of CDs, recordings they had done of all their favorite old hymns.

When they arrived, their bus stopped at a subway station, and they disembarked.
They looked quite a sight in their simple farming clothes-including traditional
white caps for the women and straw hats for the men. Standing near the station,
they took a deep breath... and began to sing. In rich, deep, four-part harmony,
they sang "Rock of Ages," and "Dwelling in Beulah Land." Suddenly the stockbrokers
rushing by slowed their pace. Students exiting the subway to run to class at Columbia
University, paused. Shoppers hesitated. All turned their heads as they walked by,
catching lovely strains of hymns from what must have seemed to them like another
 planet. As they sang, they held out the free CDs. Gifts of love, straight from
the heart, in the name of Jesus.

There is always a way-a creative, sincere way-to share the love of Christ. For these
Mennonites, it started with prayer, asking God for direction and fresh ideas. And
that's a good place for you to start today, too.

Use me, Holy Spirit-who I am and where I am-to show people an
alternative to a shallow, empty life without God.



3 comments: