Sunday, June 3, 2007

camp

It is sunday evening, I wasn't able to get through to my family on the phone tonight.  It was a good day.  Jennifer and her husband Jason Parker came over and Marilyn was with us when we had devotions and prayer time.  Darin Cox was our speaker and we arranged our food so we could be with them in the service.  The service closed with a commissioning service for staff, first for counselors, as they went to Paula, Jay and Naomi and those three prayed for the counselors,  afterwards, the five of us who are there all summer we called to the front, and they prayed for us, in our roles at camp.  It is an awesome feeling of responsibility that we have as we officially started camp for this summer.

I took a long nap and when I came to the kitchen, campers were already there.  Tia and bobbi are there this week.  I know many of the campers from other years.  The children this week are 12-13.  Jeff Kappelle is the speaker, his children are here with him, or atleast some of them.  Halley is helping in the kitchen and she is a wonderful help.  Ellen Dick, Maria Deckert and Wilda Brown are here in the kitchen this week.  (For some of you this won't be significant.)

We spent some time talking about menu's for the coming week.  Right now we have only beef, but I think some pork is coming this week.

Janet called this evening and we talked for a while.  She had some sewing questions and I think now she knows how to find this blog.

 I trust that all is well for all of you, Brenna how was your trip?  I hear that Munich/Cando/Starkweather baseball was playing for state champ.  I wonder how that turned out?

No comments:

Post a Comment