Friday, June 1, 2007

Camp

This is the first full day of camp.  I didn't have anyone to help in the kitchen til later in the day.  I have appreciated the youth that have come in the kitchen to help me.  Jennifer parker and Marilyn Soggie are with me for the weekend.  It is a weekend of trying out the new equipment and figuring how to use equipment effectively.  The proofer/heater is going to be a really great help.  At noon, I put each part of the dinner in it and held it at the right temp til noon and we could set the food out.  It was great for the pizza, because once we had it baked, we could hold it til it was time to serve it.  Julie we made your bars and they are a hit, we tripled the recipe for a very large cookie sheet.  They loved it.
I guess mostly it is a time to get the kitchen organized more effectively.
Darin Cox is the speaker, and he came and started tonight.  He has a 15 year old niece who is helping with their children, this happens to be amy's weekend at the Cando hospital.  Darin is a counselor at the human service center in DL  I first met him during Celebration 99, when we worked together on some projects for that event.
He is speaking to the youth who will be counselors this summer, and how they can be effective with the children they are responsible to,  He said character is wh you are when no one is looking.  He had three thoughts expect the nexpected, being willing to confront our own hyprocracy, and pursing purity.  we are to ask our selves is there anything that has a blinder on my eyes.
So this what I leave each of you in my family with for this day.
 Pray for Chris, the young man from Calif. whose step father was in an accident, his mother says they are o.k. at home, byt grandma thinks he should come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment