Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17, 2010

God's Own

The Lord Knoweth them that are his.

2 Timothy 2:19 KJV

 

My cross is not too heavy,

    my road is not too rough

Because God walks beside me,

   and to know this is enough...

And though I get so lonely,

    I know I'm not alone,

For the Lord God is my Father

    and He loves me as His own.

 

It was another great day,  i went to New Rockford in the morning to the physical therapist.  she was really helpful, I have some ercises I am doing for my feet.  We are still concerned about the swelling in my one leg.

Last night at the talent show one of the young men, shared a song that he had written but first he told why he wrote it...His mother was a partier in college and he is the result of a one night stand.  the father left the picture and eventually his mom married and his step father adopted him and has been a good Dad.  I think that they are all believers, this young man accepted Christ into his life at camp when he was ten or eleven.  His family has had lots of challenges, a little sister died very young and his mom has had several bouts with cancer, these trials have caused this young man to seek God, and in the process he wrote this song...He is an excellent musician and a very talented person.  It was an encouraging testimony.

Trusting that you had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment