Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14, 2011

Yesterday I took students to Grand Forks for a medical conference, it was really good and they enjoyed it.  We got to see Jacqui, Alicia and her girls, that was special, too.  Later after I got home, I was over in Grandpa Glenn's house getting it ready for Dan and Vicki, they came and saw it and will be there by next week.



God Rushes to Your Aid
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple
he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. The earth trembled and
 quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook. He parted the heavens and came
down. He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared on the wings of the wind."

--Psalm 18:6-10

When you read this psalm, you are struck by the fact that God moves heaven and earth
to come to your aid when you cry to Him for help. At your heartfelt plea, your Lord
thunders from heaven and scatters your enemies. Verses sixteen, seventeen, and nineteen
then add, "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep
waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy. He brought me out into a spacious
place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."

Don't ever think that when you pray for God's support, He remains uncaring or unfeeling
about your plea. God is not off somewhere on a mountaintop at an arm's length from
your cry. When you pray for help, He does not lean over the wall of His ivory tower
to tell you to beg louder.

God is attentive to your needs as a caring father is to his dearest son. When you
send out a distress call to the Lord, He parts the heavens to come to your rescue.
And if you need to be reminded, read Psalm 18 in its entirety.

No one who lets out a genuine cry of distress is thinking about manipulating God.
Impossible! A heartfelt plea for help carries with it no desire to control the way
the Lord deals with you. Rather, such a prayer implies that you've cast yourself
 on the Lord's mercy, with no hint of impure motive. When you pray like that, God
immediately recognizes the sincerity of your heart and rushes to your aid.

O Lord, how great is Your compassion and love toward us!

No comments:

Post a Comment