Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6, 2011

I wondered if I was writing the right dates, it it hard to realize it is April, with the way it looks outside.  It is only 6 a.m. already Jack was up and shooting out the door, he says there wre dogs here?

Yesterday I got a call and said hello Janet, it was Mr. Docktor, I needed to take care of Kadie as Karen was sick.  It was a 'full' day.  For Kadie's online class we were talking about future plans, I was able to share with her about Joni, who is disabled just like Kadie.  That wouldn't have happened with her regular para, so I know that God was in it.  After school I helped the Kempel girls start bracelets, and then helped Presley finish her shorts.  I am glad to get some of the little tasks done because spring is on the way.  Jack had chemical certification meeting.  Julie had some car issues, but I am thankful that she was in a safe place when it happened and God provided someone to help her.


The Dead Shall Rise


"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the
voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ
will rise first."

--1 Thessalonians 4:16

I remember a very odd Sunday afternoon. My mother-in-law purchased a family grave
plot at a cemetery called Forest Lawn. However, she would not sign the papers until
Ken and I looked at the lot and gave our approval. "Do I have to?" I whined at Ken.
I could think of better things to do with our Sunday afternoon.

Being the submissive wife, I trekked to Forest Lawn with Ken, looked at my gravesite
located in a section called "Murmuring Pines," and listened to the realtor (that's
what she was actually called) remind me that what with my head "here," and my feet
"there," I would have a grand view of the valley and distant mountains. That's important,
I told her. I also told her I did not have plans to stay there very long. Smile.

While the realtor and my mother-in-law conferred over the papers, I looked around
at the hundreds of tombstones. It suddenly struck me that I was sitting on the exact
spot where my body will rise, should I die before Christ comes. Sitting on that
grassy hillside did more to ignite the reality of the Resurrection than hearing
sermons or reading essays on the subject.

The Resurrection is not something to be spiritualized away. One day actual spirits
will return to actual graves and reunite to rise. Dead men, one day, shall live,
 hallelujah!

Lord, You are the Resurrection and the Life and I praise You that eternal life is
Your glorious gift to those who believe. One day the dead shall rise-me included!


No comments:

Post a Comment