Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 21, 2011

Yesterday i took a student to a Spanish event at Rock Lake, there were about 70 students there for the event.  This teacher has a lot of online students in schools some quite far away.  It was a good day.  Ron Jacobson who taught at Hampden brought students from Warwick, I don't think he taught any of you, but Jacqui he taught the grade behind you.  It was a good day, I didn't have as much dialogue with the student as I would have liked but on the way home she talked more.


Lover of My Soul
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face
is lovely. My lover is mine and I am his."

- Song of Songs 2:14,16

When I approach the Lord in prayer, I relate to Him in different ways. Occasionally
I talk with His as my elder Brother, which He is. If I'm under spiritual attack,
 I'll go to Him in prayer as the Captain of my soul. He is my Friend when I want
 to pour out my heart. I even have single friends who look up to the Lord as their
Husband, as it says in Isaiah 54.

Lately I've enjoyed relating to my Savior as the Lover of my soul. And when I want
to tell the Lord how much I adore Him, I use the language of love in the Song of
 Songs. This beautiful book in the Bible is more than just a love poem; it's a picture
of the love relationship between the Bridegroom and His bride.

From your heart, tell Jesus that He is the fairest of ten thousand. Praise Him for
being altogether lovely. Let Him know that His love is better than wine. He is the
Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the Valley. And to top it off, sing to Him this beautiful
hymn inspired by the Song of Songs:

Loved with everlasting love, led by grace that love to know;

Gracious Spirit from above, Thou hast taught me it is so!

O, this full and perfect peace! O, this transport all divine!

In a love which cannot cease, I am His, and He is mine. *[1]

Close me in Your everlasting arms, Lord, and let my soul find rest and peace as
I lean on Your breast. May doubts and cares fly away. No one, nothing, shall ever
part us. I am Yours... Praise You for being mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment