Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 23, 2011

Yesterday was a day at home, I did some cleaning and preparing and by later in the day some of our family was here.


VERSE:
  Praise the LORD, O my soul. I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
   -- Psalm 146:1-2
    

THOUGHT:
  "Hallelujah!" This is a hallelujah Psalm! "Praise the LORD" is
our translation for "Hallelujah!" I love the dimensions of praise
given in this Psalm: my soul, all my life, and as long as live.
That is pretty all-encompassing. Our lives are to be a "holy
praise" to the LORD as long as we have life! So how's your praise?
Only been letting it out at church? Hmmm, maybe it's time to let
the rest of your life have a few hallelujahs!

PRAYER:
  I praise you, God of Israel and God of the Covenant, for your
mighty work bringing salvation through Israel to all nations
through Jesus Christ. My heart praises you for your joy and
comfort, my head praises you for all your wondrous creation, and my
soul praises you for your abiding presence through the Holy Spirit.
Please hear my life, my heart, and my voice as they all cry,
"Hallelujah!" to you, who alone are God! In the name of the Messiah
Jesus, I pray. Amen.

4 comments: