Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30, 2011

Yesterday was a school day, the students are doing a good job on the annual, it is a very busy time for me, getting the right photos in the right place so they can create the pages.  Got to hear our speech students give their presentations.  They left at noon for the state event.  We have never had this many winners, it was exciting and on top of that they did a really good job, very fun speeches.  They drove to Cando and rode with their students on a bus together to Bismarck, today they did the speeches and come home afterwards.  So covered for her classes after she left and helped students,  it was a full day.  After school I visited with a teacher for a while and then went to Cando to clean the church.  I was ready to just sit for the rest of the evening. Jack had prepared himself something to eat, so I ate what was left and that made it easy. 


VERSE:
  And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious
riches in Christ Jesus.
   -- Philippians 4:19
   

THOUGHT:
  Paul gives the Philippians this promise only after he has
emphasized to them that he had found the Lord's grace sufficient in
good times and tough times, in times of plenty and in times of
lack. The key to this promise is not just God's provision, but also
our trust in him to satisfy what we most need in Christ Jesus. When
our hearts yearn to be full of him, to be pleasing to him, to be
blessed by his presence, to be given the assurance of life beyond
death, surely we can rely on his supplying everything we truly
need!

PRAYER:
  Give me eyes to see, O God, all the many wonderful ways you are
providing for me and graciously providing the abundance you have
poured into my life. I confess that my vision is shortsighted and
narrow. I need to see the panoramic view of your graciousness. Yet
the "little" part of your blessings that I am able to recognize is
lavish, gracious, and fulfilling. I know you have blessed me with
many more things that I do not see. Thank you for being so
generous! In Jesus' name! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment