Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 24, 2011

Yesterday we were together with children and they had their traditional meal, of potato dumplings.  It was a nice day so we could be outside some.  We also cleaned out some things, gave to children, burned somethings, I need to go back to O'Brien house and get more things.

Today is Easter,  We trust that it will be a good day for you.  I like these thought even if they aren't focused on Easter.  Living our faith is about being content where God has placed us.

VERSE:
  But godliness with contentment is great gain.
   -- 1 Timothy 6:6
  

THOUGHT:
   What determines our financial worth? Do we compute it in terms
of dollars, or possessions, or investments? Paul reminded Timothy
that ultimate gain, the gain of inestimable value, is really
determined by a very simple formula: net worth = (godly character)
X (contentment). What would happen if we recognized the truly
wealthy as those who were godly in their character and contented
with their blessings in life?

PRAYER:
  O LORD God, the one from whom every blessing flows, readjust my
values from the greed of this world to a holy set of financial
convictions. Conform my character to the godliness that Jesus
demonstrated in his daily life. Teach me the contentment that can
be found only in you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Other good verses on the subject:
Luke 12:15-21 Then he said to them, "Watch out Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.  And he told them this parable:  The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop.  He thought to himself, What shall I do?  I have no place to store my crops.  Then he said, this is what I'll do.  I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.  and I"ll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.  But God said to him, 'You fool!  This very night your life will be demanded from you.  They who will get what you have prepared for yourself?  

1 Timothy 6:6-10  But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.  But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.  People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.  Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

1 timothy 4:8  For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

Philippians 4:11  I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

Hebrews 13:5  Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God as said, 
"Never will I leave you;
never will I for sake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment