Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10, 2011

esterday was a very full day at school.  Secretary was absent, so I got asked to do a copying job for her, making 6 manuals, that were atleast 2 inches thick each.  Then annual, several teachers were sick, one left before end of the day and I took her place.  Alice asked me if I would take Gabie to community concert, so we got home about 10:30  I awoke to thunder this morning....

Memorizing


"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares
the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than
your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'"

-Isaiah 55:8-9

There's hardly a Christian who doesn't wish his thought life were more pure. After
all, the first and greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all our... mind.
Memorizing God's Word is the best way to rebuild your thoughts. Committing portions
of Scripture to memory is like thinking God's thoughts after Him. When we think
that way, our mind can't help but be elevated.

Also, memorizing large portions of Scripture gives us insight into understanding
 the very thought structures of our Lord. Through memorizing, we can appreciate
the way God thinks! And that, more than anything else, will heighten our thought
 life to a pure level.

There is a story told of a family living on the edge of a desert who were amazed
 to see that flowers had sprouted in the salty sand behind their home. No one could
figure out how that happened, since they had tried for months to grow vegetables
 and flowers. The mystery was solved when someone realized the mother had been throwing
her dishwater out the back door every day. After many months and many dishpans of
water, the salt was washed out of the sand. That's why flowers were able to grow.

As we soak our minds with Scripture, old and impure thoughts will be washed away.
New thoughts-God's thoughts-will find a home in our mind.

I want to think Your thoughts, Lord, and fill my mind with Your ideas. Help me to
elevate my thinking toward Your level as You lead me deeper into Your Word. And
show me today what thoughts of Yours that You would have me memorize.

No comments:

Post a Comment