Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011

Yesterday was an interesting day, we had the photographer come and take photos for the annual, all went well til we came to speech photo,  they wanted to do a pyramid, except that the girls were tops that when they lay are revealing, so she took the photo and when she got done I told them to stand up and we would take a photo for the annual.  They were a bit torked and asked why I was disgusted by that time and said I wasn't putting in a photo with there boobs hanging out.  Now I wish someone would come to me and ask me about it.  I don't think there was a problem with the staff and not with some of the students.  I don't really appreciate having to look at cleavage with our teen girls, and some of them think that is the way to go.  Other wise a good day, had a lengthy conversation with my sister, they are having real bad water issues at Williston, so she won't be able to come this weekend.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will
strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

-Isaiah 41:10

God always uses such intimate language when He relates to us. He paints warm images
of sheltering us under His wings, holding us in the palm of His hand, or drawing
 us close to His breast. He's so personal with us, why shouldn't we be with Him?

Yet when we affirm Christ as our personal Savior, we often talk more about Christianity
than about Jesus. We distance ourselves from our Lord, relating to Him in detached
and objective terms. Describing Jesus becomes an exercise in discussing "the Christian
experience," or "the Christian walk." We are more relaxed talking over doctrines
 and church traditions rather than about Christ as a person.

If we're embarrassed to talk openly about our love for Him, perhaps it's because
 we feel we so often fail Him. Maybe we fear total surrender to Him because of what
may happen if we let go and love. Ah, but "There is no fear in love. But perfect
 love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment" (1 John 4:18).

The words of 1 John 4:19 are so intimate: "We love because he first loved us." If
you desire to be free of fear, memorize and meditate on portions of Scripture that
describe God's love and your need. Read parts of John's gospel to hear the heartbeat
of Christ just hours before the cross ... read Psalm 51 to grasp the bitterness
of sin ... then enjoy the Song of Songs to find the warm and intimate language of
love.

Oh, Jesus thank You for being so personal with me. That You should be so intimate
with me pulls at my heart. I love You, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment