Thursday, May 12, 2011

May 12, 2011

I survived yesterday, actually I only had to fix breakfast, another gal came and did lunch and we all survived.  I made a small amount of oatmeal and that all went.  Otherwise a usual day, visited with Frank and Dorothy for a while, I don't think Frank is feeling very good.  They go to the Dr. today.  The sun came out later in the day and I did pull some weeds in the flower beds.

Knowing His Name


"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them
on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the
road, when you lie down and when you get up."

-Deuteronomy 6:6-7

My husband and I have only been, uh ... you know, Christians a short time. But we've
been reading the ... the Bible more and learning about, uh, the Lord." As I listened
on the phone, I could tell that God was taking this woman, who had gone to church
all her life, to a new spiritual dimension.

She's uncomfortable using spiritual terms right now, but all that will change as
 she talks more about her Savior at home and when she goes throughout her day, when
she gets up in the morning and when she retires at night. Talking about Jesus ...
makes it easier to talk about Him!

In fact, I'm looking forward to the time when she will be able to confidently say
the name of her Lord. For, "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you,
 Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you" (Psalm 9:10). Until then, I'm praying
that she will make a new habit of talking about the Lord Jesus freely and openly
 during the course of her day. It's the best way to feel at home with His name.

Some Christians have an awkward time bringing up the subject of Christ during dinner
table conversations or while driving in the car. We reserve discussion about spiritual
things for church or Bible study, often failing to bring Him into our everyday moments.
But remember, talking about Jesus ... does make it easier to talk about Him!

Make me more bold, Lord Jesus, to speak openly about You. For this will not only
 glorify Your name but will encourage other Christians who may be more timid than
I. I love the name of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment