Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6, 2011

Yesterday, we went through the whole annual to see where we needed to make corrections.  After school I went to see Frank and Dorothy for a little while, because I didn't have to show the O'Brien house they found another.  Then I came home and we ate and Mary and Ione went with me to the program at school.  DJ's Music and Becky's speech gave a recital, it was very good.  Remember the days of state music contests?  It is this weekend in Minot.

I am reading a very good book about a little boy who had a death experience and he tells his family about heaven.......

Rewards

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful
with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your
master's happiness!"

-Matthew 25:21

Pain and problems do one more thing.  If in our trials we are faithful, suffering
wins us rich rewards in heaven. It's not so much that the resurrection will be wonderful
in spite of all our pain-it will be wonderful because of it.

My wheelchair, unpleasant as it may be, is what God uses to dislocate my stubborn
resentment and dislodge my self-centered attitudes. My wheelchair even forces me
 to be more faithful to Him. The more faithful I am to Him, the more rewards are
 stored up in heaven. Earthly sufferings don't simply aid us today: They will serve
us in eternity.

Oh, to hear my Master say on that resurrection morning, "Well done good and faithful
servant! You have been faithful in trusting through the trials ... in obeying despite
the hardship ... in believing through the doubts. Now come and share your Master's
happiness!"

Join me, will You? Yield to God's method of operating, His plan in your suffering.
Allow your suffering to get you ready for the hereafter, permit it to prepare you
to meet God, use it to build eternal rewards ... then the hope of complete spiritual,
emotional, mental, and physical resurrection will throb in your heart with vibrancy.

And then, maybe after a short while in eternity, you and I will enjoy a game of
tennis on the courts of heaven.

Master, I want to hear You say to me, "Well done! I know that's only possible if
 I persevere through my trials by Your grace. Help me to be faithful in these few
things today. Help me to look forward to greater things in eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment