Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011

The countdown is getting closer, the anticipation is there, and we are making pages for the annual.  Yesterday a party for the three teachers who are leaving, then after wards at home, a nap and supper and outside to mow and clean in flower bed.  it was a beautiful evening.

VERSE:
  Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of
my lips.
   -- Psalm 141:3
      http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Psalm+141:3

THOUGHT:
  How important is our speech? Jesus said it revealed what was
going on in our hearts. Proverbs repeatedly tells us that our words
can wound or heal. The apostle Paul tells us to speak only what
will benefit those who hear us. In light of these Scriptures, this
prayer of David is very appropriate. Only God can help us tame the
tongue and use its power to bless. Let's invite him into our world
of speech and ask him to take control of it as he does our hearts!

PRAYER:
  Most holy and righteous Father, I don't want my language to ever
betray you or wound your children. Please help me redeem my speech
and use it to glorify you, bless your children, and speak of
salvation to those who do not know your Son. In the name of Jesus I
pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment