Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17, 2011

So today is Norwegian Day, I remember that years ago we use to have a parade in Hampden and Jacqui and Sheila would ride horse in the parade.  Times have changed.....
It is a busy time at school,  my focus is on annual stuff,  everyone is trying to finish up and really not much is being done.  We could just as soon goo home.  I cleaned church and came home, we spent time outside, it was a beautiful  day

  If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need
but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?
   -- 1 John 3:17
   

THOUGHT:
  I love the Bible because it is so gritty with the realities of
real life. In the previous verse, John told these churches that
they should be willing to lay down their lives for each other.
That's pretty good in theory, especially when you don't think it
will ever be necessary. But this verse makes the application of
that principle an every day reality: If there is somebody in your
church in need, then be moved to help them -- that's what laying
down your life is all about!

PRAYER:
  Use me, holy and righteous Father, to be your hands and heart in
helping those around me. Give me the generosity and the patience it
takes to be a blessing to those in need who are a part of my church
family, and also those who have not yet come to know Jesus as Lord.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

3 comments: