Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18, 2010

Potency in Prayer

Potency in Prayer

Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do,

that the Father may be glorified in the Son, if ye
shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.
John 14:13-14 KJV

Prayer is much more than
     just asking for things--
It's the peace and contentment
      that quietness brings.
So thank You again
     for your mercy and love
And for making me heir
     to your kingdom above.

To me prayer is that communion with God, and it doesn't happen just in places on bent knees, it happens as I walk and talk with God, it happens when I am in a parking lot walking and talking to God, it happesn when I am needing a parking place and talk to God, it happens when I am going to use the telephone and send a prayer for words to say, it happens when you come to my mind and I ask God to bless you.  So we could say it just happens......
Father, today, we desire to have those moments when we are conscious of you, help them to come to us often and for them to be a sweet fragrance in our day, In Jesus name. Amen.

Yesterday was a school day, had a few issues with students, but nothing unusual.  After school I cleaned the church but since there was no Bible Study I came home.  Ronna had called and she called back later in the evening,

No comments:

Post a Comment