Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011

Busy day at school.  Jack and I spent a long time talking about the days we were apart and what we were doing, sometimes Dad doesn't tell a lot about his event, but then when I talk to Julie I hear her version.  


VERSE:
  God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and
Christ.
   -- Acts 2:36
   

THOUGHT:
  More than titles, these two names of Jesus are the pillars
around which we can build our new lives in God's Kingdom. Jesus is
Lord! He is our Ruler and King. He is our Master and Teacher. Our
hearts are yielded to his will and open to his leading. We hold no
rival to Jesus in our hearts and lives. Jesus is the Christ! He is
the Messiah, the promised Savior of the Old Testament. He is the
one of whom the prophets spoke. Ruler and Savior, Master and
Messiah, Jesus is God's gift to bring us home. Jesus is the one who
went to the Cross to bring us forgiveness, redemption, and
salvation. The Crucified One is both Lord and Christ.

PRAYER:
  We praise your mighty Name, O Lord, and thank you for your
gracious and sacrificial love. We praise you dear Father, for
sending your Son Jesus to die for our sins and to be raised for our
hope and salvation. Please help me, Sovereign God, to yield my
heart to Jesus my Lord as well as open my lips in praise to the
Christ of my salvation. In the mighty name Jesus and through the
intercession of the Spirit I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment