Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011

Yesterday, We were at home, did have lunch with Seniors and then over to Frank and Dorothys for supper.  Dennis and Judy Miller were also there, good evening.  We recognized Frank and Dorothy for their 65 wedding anniversary, which is on the 10th.  It was a fun evening.

VERSE:
  [The Lord said,] My righteousness draws near speedily, my
salvation is on the way, and my arm will bring justice to the
nations. The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm.
   -- Isaiah 51:5


THOUGHT:
  God's promises stand through the ages. He has fulfilled them in
many different ways. He has punished evil nations, he has redeemed
Israel according to his promises, and he has sent Jesus as Savior
and redeemer. But most importantly of all, Jesus stands at the edge
of history waiting to return and bring full redemption for God's
people and salvation for those everywhere who long for his return.

PRAYER:
  Sovereign Lord, I see so much injustice in the world and I long
for truth, righteousness, and justice to triumph. While I long for
the return of Jesus, my heart also breaks for the many who do not
know Jesus and for those who are in rebellion to your will. I don't
know what to ask other than that your will be done on earth as it
is in heaven and may the triumph of your will begin with me. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment