Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17, 2011

I looked here and realize what day it is, I should be wearing bright green because I really am Irish, but that doesn't matter.

Yesterday was a busy day,  After school I took the taxes to Emil, met Jack at the car dealership(he had taken the Neon there to get something done to it) and we drove out to see Joyce Carter, her sister and her husband(Jim and Jan Olson)  it was a good time together, and also we could pray for them concerning their needs.  Then we drove to Cando for Bible Study. 

This is what really matters:

I'm A Christian


"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children
of God! And that is what we are!"

--1 John 3:1

Ken and I traveled to Maryland for an Eareckson family reunion and visited with
scores of cousins, aunts, and uncles. I was surprised and pleased that so many relatives
remembered me by my childhood name. You see, I was named after my dad, Johnny Eareckson;
he was always "Big Johnny" and I was "Little Joni."

Strange that it didn't bother me, even though my father has long since gone to heaven.
And "Little Joni" didn't bother me when I was a child, either. I've always considered
it a privilege to share in my dad's name because, in a way, it allowed me to share
in his character and reputation; it made me a part of everything he was (and my
father was very well known and respected in the community).

I once read in a Bible commentary that the word "Christian" means "Little Christ."
What an honor to share Christ's name! We can be bold to call ourselves Christians
and bear the stamp of His character and reputation. When people find out that you
are a Christian, they should already have an idea of who you are and what you are
like simply because you bear such a precious name.

If you were asked to describe yourself, what titles would be first on your list?
 That you are married or single, employed or unemployed? Would you then list your
hair color or height? Or would you immediately respond, "I am a Christian..."?

I'll tell the world that I'm a Christian; I'm not ashamed Your name to bear. I'll
tell the world that I'm a Christian; I'll take You with me anywhere. I'll tell the
world how You have saved me, and how You gave me a life brand-new; I'll tell the
 world that I'm a Christian, eternal life I'll live with You.*

No comments:

Post a Comment