Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13, 2011

Yesterday the storm calmed a bit.  I made some bread, and right after dinner I went and got Marie at Werners and took her to Cando to meet the pastor from Cameroon who is going to speak in our church today.  She is going to translate for him.  He is very pleasant and Marie and I did a lot of talking on our way there and home.  Some of the roads are blocked so we had to drive around by 17 and 20 to get to Cando.  Ate lunch with Srs. and spent rest of day at home.


VERSE:
  He [Jesus] is before all things, and in him all things hold
together.
   -- Colossians 1:17
  
THOUGHT:
  Before there was an earth, universe, or nature, there was Jesus!
He was before they were made. He will be after they are long gone.
In fact, his power and his presence are what hold our world, our
universe, and our nature together. He is the sustaining force, the
enabling power, and the generous preserver of life as we know it.
So since he could provide us these things and they are but a faint
anticipation of what is yet to be, won't it be great to see him,
just as he is, and share in his glory with him?!

PRAYER:
  Thank you, Jesus, for your gracious providence this day. Thank
you for creating this incredible world in which I live. You are
worthy of all praise, honor, glory, and thanks! I look forward to
the day, dear Lord, when I can worship you face to face, and give
thanks to our Father with you, for his wonderful love. To you, and
in your name, dear Jesus, I offer all my thanks and praise. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment