Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15, 2011

I note one month to get the taxes done,   It will happen.  I am having a problem with getting up, time change messes everything up.    Usual day, visit with Frank and Dorothy and evening here at home with Dad


VERSE:
  Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their
humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the
power of death -- that is, the devil.
   -- Hebrews 2:14


THOUGHT:
  Did you know that Jesus is not only our Savior, but he is also
our brother! "He had to be made like his brothers" the Holy Spirit
says after today's Scripture. We were God's lost children so Jesus
came and shared our mortality, our human skin with all its
limitations, so that he could defeat our worst enemy, the evil
death-maker Satan. Death no longer has its hooks in us or its hold
on us, because our big brother has defeated it and has gone to
prepare our place at the Father's side!

PRAYER:
  Almighty God, thank you for sending Jesus to be like me and live
among people like me. As I think of your sacrifice and his love, I
am overwhelmed to insignificance and then I realize that Jesus'
gift has now made me your child and Jesus is now my older brother.
Some days, Abba Father, it is hard for me to wait for our family
reunion. Until that great reunion day, please use me to help others
know about your family, your gift, and your Son! In Jesus' name I
pray. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment