Monday, March 14, 2011

real march 14, 2011

I goofed on dates, but here it is the real day.  Yesterday was a full day, Sunday School, Church pot luck, annual business meeting(we just watch and listen because we aren't members) and then stopped to see Gladys, she had just had another birthday,  In our morning worship, we had a speaker from Cameroon, Lee and Carla's exchange student was there to translate, but she didn't do a lot, and he  spoke English,  his message was about the 10 virgins, and how he related them to a sleeping church that needs to wake up.....



VERSE:
  Restore us, O God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that
we may be saved.
   -- Psalm 80:7
    

THOUGHT:
  This passage makes me want to cry out to God: "Please restore us
God! Restore us, your people, O God, who have lost their sense of
wonder! Restore our old withered hearts to their innocence. Restore
our lives to their unsoiled perfection and intention. Restore us to
yourself, O God Almighty!" While not every Christian has lost his
or her sense of wonder and while not every one of us has an old
withered heart, we all need God's presence to shine upon us and
renew us!

PRAYER:
  O God, the maker of new things, sometimes I feel so old and
worn; my soul is weary from the fight. I need your presence and
strength to restore me. Please restore me to your side and make
your grace alive in me. Please restore me to your love and share it
with others through me. Please restore me to your righteousness so
others can see your character in me. Please restore me, and not
just me, please restore all those who call on your mighty name so
that the world may see you in us and come to know your saving
grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment