Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011

Yesterday there were students missing because fo Carolyn Thorson's funeral, some came back afterwards.  But for me it was a usual day, after school and helping a student so she is ready for today, I went home and rested, after fixing supper and eating, I went to senior center to help Presley Morstad sew.  We got almost done, but have a glitch that we can fix and finish next time.  They are a relly nice family and when I see her sitting there sewing, I feel that she will be able to go ahead on her own.
The seasons in our lives change, I know my feelings are different than each of yours, and that is o.k.  God is there and guiding our steps. One thing I forgot to tell you, it is starting to melt so those little lights along the flowerbed are peaking through and shinning brightly that is exciting.

Winter's End


"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts
of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

--Ecclesiastes 3:11

I'm getting tired of winter. But not the winter you are used to. In southern California,
the season is one long stretch of balmy, sunny days. Oh, how I miss the cold, wet
winters back in my home state of Maryland.

I've been nagging Ken to drive me up to Lone Pine, California, a little town on
the edge of the high desert near the base of the snowy Sierra Mountains. The road
is one long, straight line across the desert and you can see Lone Pine long before
you come to it. When you arrive, it's just a couple of Victorian houses, a few stoplights,
and a corner café called BoBo's Bonanza. But the highlight is the awesome view of
the towering Sierras at the edge of town. An icy downdraft from the mountains takes
your breath away... and I love it!

I'm longing for a change of seasons. And just like I'm wishing for snow, you are
 most likely pining for the caress of a warm, sunny day. How good of God to make
 us such "seasonal" people. We enjoy change, and having been imprinted with the
image of the Creator, we love variety. God has set eternity in our hearts and we
 simply must move forward like the changing of seasons.

So hang in there until Spring. I may get my drive up to Lone Pine before the snow
melts off the peaks. You may see warmer, sunnier days on the horizon. There's a
time for everything, and God promises that your days will be beautiful... in His
 time.

Lord of winter and spring, I praise You for making everything beautiful in its time.
Give me patience to wait for change in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment