Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011

I am running late today, I am here by myself and Dad is in Minot.  I wrote you about the O'Brien house, I called her with the electric costs, and I think they will probably think it is too expensive.  Someone else is also needing a place to live and has asked us about a house.  This happened last night.


                                               VERSE:
  The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your
life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and
forevermore.
   -- Psalm 121:7-8
   

THOUGHT:
  One of my hardest challenges as a parent is knowing that I can't
ultimately protect my children from some hurts and heartbreaks.
Some of their pain is necessary to help them mature and grow. Some
of it is just the agonizing result of living in a fallen world.
But, we can be fully confident that if we share the Lord with them,
if they give their lives to his will, nothing can steal them from
his ultimate victory, care, and reunion with us and with him.
Knowing how we love our children, imagine how much the Father loves
us and longs to bring us to that place of safety in his house!
Until we get home, isn't it comforting to know that he is watching
over us and those we love, now and forevermore?

PRAYER:
  Watching and waiting Father, I too look forward to our first
face-to-face meeting. O Father, I know you see me and watch over
me, but sometimes I miss seeing you and find it hard to wait to be
comforted and blessed in your presence and my eternal home. Until
then, I recognize your watching care over all of my ways and thank
you now for everything I will one day receive. In Jesus' name.
Amen.

Psalm 119:138 The statutes you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy.
Psalms 37:24 Though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
Psalm 73:23 Yet I am always with you; 
you hold me by my right hand.
Joshua 24:22 the Joshua said, "You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen to serve the Lord."

Father I pray for my family today, that you would uphold them and keep them in your care.  Father guide their steps, help them to sense your presence where ever they are at.  In Jesus Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment