Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, 2011

yesterday was a busy day at school. I drove around via #17 to school because I didn't know if the road was open.  I guess an other car got stuck and the person that helped them, got his snow blower and opened the road, but it is drifting again.  No news, I have been sewing in the evening, more clothes for Nicaragua for another trip there.


VERSE:
  O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your
servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering
your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in
the presence of this man.
   -- Nehemiah 1:11
   

THOUGHT:
  God takes great delight when we pray asking for his guidance and
help! This is especially true when the focus of our prayers is on
building up his people and his Kingdom. Nehemiah comes as God's
servant. He's not giving God a "go do" list using prayer to make
God his servant. Instead, Nehemiah's heart burns with the needs of
God's people. The rest of the book of Nehemiah is proof that God
loves for his children to pray when the desires of their hearts are
on his people and his will.

PRAYER:
  Precious and righteous Father, please use me today as your
servant. Take my words and use them to bless, encourage, and
comfort. Take my influence and use it to mend and inspire. Take my
time and fill it up with your concerns. May the glory and honor of
all I do ultimately bring glory to you. Your grace has saved me;
please now use me to share that grace with others. In Jesus' name I
pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment