Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 19, 2011

Yesterday was a busy day, helping students finish their online studies, 4 out of 6 are upto date, that is a good feeling.  The a brief visit with Laverne and Stella, she had surgery on the back of her knee and a very long incision, so it is going to take time to heal and therapy.  IDad and watched some tv, we like a show about pilots in Alaska, I am doing some sewing for Nicaragua.  I had Joan adjust my sewing machine, so I dug out an old one, I really like using it, so I will do more sewing.  You wouldn't want to see the sewing room, it looks like a cyclone hit it, but it will get better.  Today will be busy....


VERSE:
  He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind
to the needy.
   -- Proverbs 14:21
  

THOUGHT:
  God has been so gracious to us! Think of all the different ways
he has blessed us -- some financially, others with great
opportunities for service, others with deep personal relationships
that are eternal, and for all of us, the promise of life with him.
But what will we do with these blessings? Will we hoard them, hide
them, and keep them to ourselves? If we do, our blessings will
wither, crack, and dry in our parched hearts. But, one of the
greatest ways we can thank God for his kindness, mercy, and
goodness is by sharing these blessings with those around us,
especially those in need who can never repay us for our kindness.

PRAYER:
  O LORD God, my gracious and generous Father, thank you so much
for the many rich blessings you have poured into my life. Open my
heart, dear Father, and use me as a conduit of your blessings so
that others may know of your love through my actions and attitudes.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


I wonder what God might be saying to us, what kindness he wants us to show?  Who he wants us to bless this day? 


What ever is happening in your life, I pray that you would sense God's love for you and that Jesus wants to bless your day.

5 comments: