Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011

Yesterday was a long day, but a good day.  Times of helping students, a lot of that, I took a family with me to school, short on space in the bus, and on my way to Cando took two families home.  At cando I was going to clean church but pastor was having marriage counseling so I did the upstairs and went to visit Jay and Illa Mae, when I came back they were gone. so I could finish the basement.  I went to Gladys and ate pizza with her and came back for women's bible study.  Beth Moore on Esther, adn it is very good.  Not a lot coming but ones who desire to learn.  So when I went to go home train was doing its thing I sat there for a while, finally called dad and he said that Mavis had called, so I turned around and went to their house, got the message she had and she said if I went to the north end of town I could bypass the train, so I did and came home.  Today we go to Bismarck, so you won't hear from me for a while.

VERSE:
  Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but
only what is helpful for building others up according to their
needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
   -- Ephesians 4:29
  

THOUGHT:
  We can use our words to be cute. We can use our words to appear
impressive. We can use our words to win arguments. We can use our
words to defend ourselves. We can use our words to lie and distort.
We can use our words to do many things, but God wants us to use our
words to bless. So when we speak, if our words do not bless and
benefit those to whom we direct them, then we are to simply not say
anything. Grandma was right: "If you can't say something nice, then
don't say anything at all."

PRAYER:
  Give me wisdom today, dear God, to speak words that bless my
family, my co-workers, and those I meet. I want to be truthful,
loving, kind, and merciful when I open my mouth and speak. May the
words of my mouth be used in your service and to your glory today,
dear LORD. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment