Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 17, 2011

Yesterday dad picked me up from school and took me to eye doctor, he is watching for an infection and so has changed medication, and wants to see me again on Monday.  I appreciated Dad taking me, we had lunch together and then I went back to school.  After school cleaned church and visited and Bible Study.  Long day.



VERSE:
  Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he
may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because
he cares for you.
   -- 1 Peter 5:6-7

THOUGHT:
  In a universe so incomparably vast, in a world so marvelously
diverse, we can be paralyzed by our presumed insignificance and
impotence in the face of such staggering enormity. But in moments
of simple faith, we can be calmed by our reverence and dependence
upon the Creator and Sustainer of such wonders. We can find great
comfort that our lives are in his hands. We can rejoice that he has
promised to bless and guide our efforts in him.

PRAYER:
  Almighty and wondrous God, thank you for knowing me even though
I can't begin to comprehend your glory. I need your love, care,
protection, blessing, grace, forgiveness, and presence. Without
you, I have nothing of lasting significance. Please be near. In
Jesus' name I humbly ask. Amen.


I am also adding what Joni had to say, it is so good.

Saying Yes to Jesus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve."

--Joshua 24:15

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches
us to say 'No' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled,
 upright and godly lives in this present age."

--Titus 2:11-12

Do you remember when you said "yes" to Jesus? How long ago was it? A few months,
 maybe years? I said "yes" to the Lord in November 1964 when I was a teenager. But
I also said "yes" to Him just the other day.

After a row with Ken, I escaped to the shopping mall with a friend to get my mind
off the quarrel. While meandering past a sales rack of blouses, I could no longer
contain my self-pity. I began sobbing right next to a couple of mannequins. I couldn't
hide my face in a tissue, and my wheelchair was too big for me to escape behind
several clothes racks. All I could do was sit there, cry, and stare at the mannequins
with the plastic smiles.

While wiping my eyes with the backside of my hand splint, I knew what I had to do.
In between sobs, I said out loud what I've said so many times before, "Yes, Jesus,
I choose you. I don't choose self-pity or resentment. I say 'yes' to you!"

Even though my face was still wet, my heart filled with peace. Nothing about my
husband had changed. Shoppers on the other side of the store still picked through
the racks... teenagers still ambled by, giggling, and eating popcorn... but everything
was different because of my peaceful heart. Because I said "yes" to Jesus.

Dear Lord, I choose You right now. I will be faced with many challenges today, and
so in the power of Your Spirit, I say "yes" to following You each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment