Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 5, 2011

Yesterday was the last day of the week at school.  After school I went to Devils Lake and got my hair cut and did other errands.  It was a beautiful day, I am thankful I could be out when it was like that.  Then I came home, we ate and I didn't do much for the rest of the evening, just some reading and I am making caps out of the left over yarn.  Oh, I remember I fixed a piano bench for at church, I put an new seat cover on it.

VERSE:
  Haughty eyes and a proud heart, the lamp of the wicked, are sin!
   -- Proverbs 21:4
   

THOUGHT:
  "We're number one!" is the cry today. However, the scripture
above tells us that the wicked light their own way with their
haughty eyes and proud heart. In contrast, God lights the way for
his people with his word (Scripture) and with his Word (Jesus); the
wicked light their own way with haughty eyes and proud hearts. But
arrogance, pride, "uppity-ness" -- or whatever name you want to
call it -- is called sin by God. God is number one and all the
other numbers are important only because of him. It's just that
simple.

PRAYER:
  Holy and righteous Father, help me place you and your character
in the place of most importance in my heart, in my life decisions,
and in my influence. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

I appreciated these thoughts because God is most important and wants to be most important in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment