Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009

The Mystery of Righteousness
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places Ephesians 6:12
Grace is the fullness of My love poured out upon the loveless. Return unto Me, and I will forgive your iniquities and heal your backslidings.
There is no peace in the heart of the transgressor and no joy in his spirit. But though you leave Me, I have not left you. You have chosen death, but I have chosen for you life in its abundance.
Do not faint, My child and do not forsake the way of the Spirit for the way of the flesh.

True peace is something that happens on the inside of us, it isn't about exterior things, or people or what ever.  It is in side of us.  Can you think of times of peace in your lives?  It is kind of like 'stop and smell the roses'  I have been finding it a good time to sit on the back step or in the swing, or sit by the flowers, and just enjoy the quiet about me, it is such an awesome time to talk to God.

Father, show us each what peace means in our lives, and help us to focus on making that a reality in our lives and those around us.  In Jesus Name. Amen

Yesterday I was the lady in charge of the cafe, I came to find a number of fellows already there.  One of the men has a key  and opens, makes coffee and puts on the grill so it is ready for the cook.  Where could you do that but in a little town?  I ahd about 10 ten for breakfast, almost no ladies for lunch and 10 for dinner. Cassie Logie came and helped me, it was her last day to work, because school starts on Monday.  She is a sweet girl, she and her sister Amber have worked there all summer.  Their family is building unto their home.  At the end of that time, we couldn't find the key to lock the gate between the store and post office.  I knew that Linda had opened the gate, she didn't answer her phone, so I drove to her house, she was mowing, I got the key and went back to town.  It isn't easy to do, before I had it done, here she came and we got it closed.  I was tired and slept for a couple of hours then went over to see Frank and Dorothy.  He fell and broke his shoulder and has it in an uncomfortable sling.  Not doing so well.  I stopped across the road and heard about the new furniture they are getting.  Jerry took the boys (all three) to a baseball game in Fargo, they were going to drive back to Grand Forks to stay.  Today it is beautiful and tomorrow we start school.  Today I am thinking of Shawn as he is sharing God's word at Ashley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment