Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 5, 2009

I have been thinking about each of you.  This week I haven't had the opportunity to really write much, I have just a few minutes before I need to go and start the day.  It has been a wonderful week.  The Free Lutheran ladies are great and there is a team of 6 women from California here.  They are doing a bible school over on the reservation in the evening.  So during the day they are here.  We have had a great time together.  This morning one of the local girls came to get the bottled water and juice that we had chilled for them in our frigs.  She is taking it to meet bikers that are traveling through the aea today.

I have been reflecting on the opportunity and privilege it is and has been to be here at camp.  I thank each of you for your patience with me.  I reflect on the day a year and half ago, when I told Dad and Julie that God had told me to stay home that summer.  Their shock and expression of 'are you sure"  I am thankful for the time we spent together last summer.  I also reflect on what Julie Ruth wrote earlier this summer, about my being allowed to minister like this.  I guess I would have to say, I have felt God's call on my life for many years.  Probably since the day I said yes to Jesus when I was barely a teenager and at Wesley Acres Bible Camp.  Life has offered challenges and struggles, but God has been faithful and he has never left me or forsaken me.  If he doesn't seem close it has been my choice.  I am thankful for his faithfulness and today I am thankful that I have the opportunity to minister in this way.  Thank you to my family for being gracious and patient with me.

I know that Dads life would be much more fullfilled if he could see that perspective in himself, but only God can show that to him.  Yesterday he took Harley Perich to Minot for kidney dialysis.  I pray for your Dad that God would use him and give him a sense of purpose.

3 comments: