Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23, 2010

Marvelous Works
I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
Psalm 9:1 KJV

I come to meet You, God, and as I linger here
I seem to feel You very near.
A rustling leaf, a rolling slope
Speak to my heart of endless hope.
The sun just rising in the sky,
The waking birdlings as they fly,
The grass all wet with morning dew
Are you telling me I just met you.

Yesterday was the day that 11 students had waited for, graduation.  There were a lot of scholarships give, but there were also a lot of students who plan to leave high school and 'work'.  Aaron Saur's Mom and his children came, this is the last class of students that he taught. I was impressed with the students thoughts, and especially the prayers of the priest from Munich and Pastor Rob, only out in a little North Dakota school could the ministry expound in such a way and invoke God's presence upon these students lives.  I doubt that they realize what was being said, but They have been committed into God's hands.....Our band gets smaller each year and yet they give us a good tone.  Carly Werner and Katie Loehr lead the graduates, Katie is in a wheelchair.  Since there two families that had two students graduation that meant there were 9 homes to visit.  I called Dad before I visited the Hampden home, he wasn't in from the field yet, but when I told them I would have brought him with, they sent some food with me, and that was good.  I was really tired.

As I left thelalst home and drove on to our house, I felt a sense of completion for that group of students, but also a sense of the importance of the choices they make.... How much it will affect their future.  Today is another day of graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment