Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010

Great in God's Eyes
Thou art my hope in the day of evil.
Jeremiah 17:17 KJV

Let me say no to the flattery and praise
And quietly spend the rest of my days
Far from the greed and the speed of man,
Who has so distorted God's simple life plan,
And let me be great in the eyes of You, Lord,
For that is the richest, most priceless reward.

As one gets older the things of the world seem less significant.  I guess my big struggle now is with flowers, I really enjoy them and always seem to find some new ones to enjoy.

I drove to FaHoCha on Friday late in the day, stopped in Devils lake and saw Carolyn Thorson at the hospital, she is doing much better but has been hospitalized for over a month, except for one night when she tried it at home.  I didn't do so much the night before, mostly putting away things in the kitchen, but yesterday we did a lot of jobs, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.  I think Jay should have been pleased with the progress.  I am ready to rest today.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment