Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 15, 2010

Yesterday was a busy day back at school, I was after school for about an hour helping a student get caught up with her work, then home briefly before I took another student to DL to a party.  I ate with Edna while she was there and we visited.  Dad was at Jarrets with Michael and they were doing the shell loading thing.

VERSE:
  The angel said to [Mary], "Do not be afraid, you have found
favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and
you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be
called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the
throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of
Jacob forever."
   -- Luke 1:30-33
      http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Luke+1:30-33

THOUGHT:
  Jesus is identified by many names stated or implied in the four
Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). Notice how Jesus is identified
in just this one passage: child, son, Jesus, great, Son of the Most
High, King, son of David, and leader of Israel (Jacob). Jesus
exhausts all descriptions, and yet chose to be limited to imperfect
descriptions by becoming human. But this flood of names and
descriptions helps us find Jesus as our Savior in every trial and
blessing of life. Jesus is Savior for all seasons.

PRAYER:
  Holy and Almighty Father, I thank you for all the ways Jesus is
described and all the names he is given. They help me see the
breadth of his nature and the depth of his character. Please bless
me that I may always find a dimension of Jesus' ministry or a name
or description of Jesus to help sustain me, when I walk through the
shadows of doubt caused by the evil one. Help me, O Father, to see
Jesus and not my preoccupations and biases so that when he comes
again, I will know him, and he me. Through the glorious name of the
Savior I pray. Amen.

I wonder if we really are thinking about the meaning of Christmas, or are we caught up in activities.  I wonder why the celebrations really came to happen, whether they are really God orientated.  That may sound strange, but I do wonder.    What are your thoughts?

are we focused on our relationship with God.  Child Evangelism has been having Birthday Parties for Jesus and the ministry has been quite effective with Children responding to the gospel and asking Jesus into their hearts.  That is what it is really about. 

Jesus help us to focus on you and our relationship with you and we pray for guidance in choices that we make.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment