Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16, 2010

This morning school is 2 hours late.   Dad is out blowing snow.  We just kept getting snow, but it didn't blow, so it still has a lot of potential.  They sent us home early from school, it was really difficult to see the roads, and to get the snow off the windshield.  I saw where one student from DL said it took they 1 1/2 hours to get home.  I enjoyed the evening, made a good meal and did some sewing, etc.  I thought these thoughts were appropriate:

Post-Blizzard Promise


"He is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness
after rain that brings the grass from the earth."

--2 Samuel 23:4

Roaring winds, the spray of sleet and snow, dangerous and slippery ice. Remember
 those storms when you were a child? I sure do. I'd shiver under my quilt, listening
to the creaking branches outside my bedroom window. Would the house survive? Would
I?

Moaning winds made me feel lonesome. I hoped sleep would let me escape the night,
but every time I'd nod off, rattling windows would shake me awake. I watched the
 twisted shadows of branches jerk madly across the bedroom wall. Would morning ever
come?

Yes, but with it, a different picture. I awoke to soft rays of sun warming my bed
covers. The howling had ceased and only an occasional gust would swirl powdery snow
off the sill. Quiet called me out of bed and to the window where I gasped at the
 dazzling white landscape. It was... beautiful.

There are days when my soul feels windblown, raw, and exposed-times when I'm tossed
in a blustery tempest and with everything breaking loose. But the God who brings
 beauty out of blizzards promises to bring peace after the storm. And when the beauty
dawns, I hardly remember the fright of that stormy trial.

If you sense storm warnings, hold on to a couple of "winter watch" verses from Scripture.
Recall how near and present the Lord really is. Cling to His promise of peace. Remember
that joy comes in the morning. Let Him cover your fear with His love, like a blanket
of snow, soft and gentle.

You are the Lord who calmed the storms and brought peace to fearful hearts. Praise
You for being the light of morning at sunrise. Thank You for being the brightness
after rain.


What ever storm we are facing in life God is waiting there to help us, to bring us to a calm and trusting place.

Father, help us to seek you in our lives and to rest in your presence as we go through this day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment