Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 18, 2010

Yesterday, was a usual day of school I can't think of any thing special.  After school i went to Cando and cleaned the church and then stopped to see a couple of older people and came home fixed supper.  i actually watched 20-20 on tv and it was interesting about people(one from Nd) going to other countries to help those who are unable to help themselves.



VERSE:
  [Zechariah said,] "Praise be to the Lord, God of Israel, because
he has come and has redeemed his people. He has raised up a horn of
salvation for us in the house of his servant David, as he said
through his holy prophets long ago."
   -- Luke 1:68-70
THOUGHT:
  What God does in Jesus is not a surprise. Yes, it was
unexpected, but the "hints" and prophecies of his coming are found
all over the Old Testament. The holy prophets had spoken about it
"long ago." But more than the prophets, Jesus' coming is God
keeping his word. Jesus' coming is God's answer to his promises.
That's why Paul can say that all God's promises find their yes in
Jesus and it is through Jesus that the "amen" is spoken (2 Cor. 1).
In Jesus, God comes, God ministers, God cares, God saves, God
redeems, and God keeps his promises.

PRAYER:
  I thank you, Holy Father, that you keep your promises. I know I
don't have to worry that you will keep your word to me; your love,
character, and kindness guarantee that you will. So please help me
be more faithful to you as I seek to honor my commitments and
pledges to you. I know this is important to you not only because I
need to learn obedience, but I also need to develop a character
more consistent with your own. Thank you for hearing my heart, in
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

As I am reading the scripture that tells about Zechariah, and the angel appearing and how he trusted and believed and God honored that.  I am thinking of a couple of things.  Yesterday when I visited with Illa Mae Brandt, she told about someone in her family who just had this happen.  Illa Mae said she had raised a large family and life hadn't been easy, but her children were living for God.  She was visiting in Springfield and was in a shopping Mall, when someone came to her and put an envelop in her hand and when she opened it there was $100 but when she wanted to thank the person she couldn't find them.  Then I read about a group of ladies in Minnesota who saved their change in jars, and then found projects where they could bless someone,  They blessed a foreign student at Moorhead State and another girl who worked very hard to go to school, and were going to give a space heater to a family. One of the ladies worked at MS and was able to observe so they knew how to make a decision. Now that is what excites a person when we see examples of random acts of kindness.  People listening to the voice of God in themselves and then acting on it. It is like the program I listened to on tv last night. I am wondering what God might like me to do?

Father, we commit this day into your hands and pray that you will make it a day when we are conscious of you in all that we do.  In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment