Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 19, 2010

Yesterday was a day at home and I focused on sending Christmas greetings.  I wanted to get what I could mailed so I took them to town, Linda had brought goodies and everyone was sitting around and visiting while she got the mail out.  Then after dinner I went to town for coffee and then over to see Frank and Dorothy.  I needed to get things ready for Sunday School so did that in the evening.


"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-do
 not abandon the works of your hands."

--Psalm 138:8

God always finishes what He starts. He never begins a project only to leave it half-done.
He never writes a run-on sentence. He never walks away from a messy workbench. Unlike
us, God never carries over items on His "To Do" list from one eternity to the next.
He always completes what He begins. That includes you.

He started working on you years ago, long before you became a Christian. Take heart
today that the blueprint for your life is still spread before Him. He won't stop
 working on you until He reaches His goal. By the way, His goal is summed up in
Romans 8:29 and His purpose is that you might "be conformed to the likeness of His
Son."

Read Psalm 138 to see how God accomplishes His work in your life. He fulfills His
purpose in you with love and faithfulness (v. 2). Part of His goal is to make you
fearless and stouthearted (v.3), humble (v.6), and confident in His ability to preserve
and protect you (v.7).

For more evidence of God's "finishing what He starts," be encouraged by Philippians
1:6. He will never abandon or forsake you. His goal is to make you more like Jesus,
and He won't stop working on His goal for you until you are complete.

I am grateful, Lord, that You promise You will fulfill Your purpose for me. Thank
You for not abandoning Your work in my life when I am stubborn or disobedient. Today,
I want to be willing to cooperate with You. I want to agree with Your purpose in
 my life. I want to desire the same goals You have for my life. I praise You that
You always finish what You start.

I was encouraged by Joni's thoughts and then when I read Philippians 1:6....  being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  It is so encouraging to realize that God is working in us to make us into the kind of vessel he wants us to be.  There are no two people alike we are all God's vessels made to be what he wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment