Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

yesterday we had Sunday School and church, I had planned for a Birthday Party for Jesus, but instead of 5 students I had 1,  but that happens often, we still did some activities together.  It was a good worship service and we came home and rested.  About 3 I drove over to the North Prairie Lutheran Church where we had a Sunday School Program, except it was mostly adults doing it.  There is one family with children in that church.  Afterwards a time of fellowship and then I drove to Cando.  I stopped to see Matt and Mavis for a bit and Steve and Judy Heisler came there.  then I saw Gladys and came on home.

I have chosen this devotion because I feel it speaks to me,  it is so easy to miss the real meaning, to be bothered by the inconveniences in our life and not allow God to use them to help us.  I highlighted one part of the prayer because I feel it is soo important......

VERSE:
  In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census
should be taken of the entire Roman world. ... So Joseph also went
up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the
town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.
He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married
to him and was expecting a child.
   -- Luke 2:1 and 4-5
THOUGHT:
  Isn't it amazing at how many inconveniences in our lives the
Lord uses to accomplish his will in us. Can you think of a worse
time to have to go on a cross-country trip with their modes of
travel than Joseph and Mary faced. Yet God turned it into the
moment in which the angels found their tune and Satan met his
match.

PRAYER:
  Father, I thank you that behind history, and especially behind
the part of history where I live, your hand is always working for
my redemption and your glory. Give me faith to ride out the
difficult times, knowing that you will use those difficulties to be
the incubator of your next great work in me.
In the name of Jesus,
the Joy of angels, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment