Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8, 2010

Yesterday school and afterwards we went to Langdon for the sessions on estate planning.  They have been very good.

VERSE:
  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one
comes to the Father except through me."
   -- John 14:6
THOUGHT:
  I don't want to be any more exclusive than Jesus. But I do want
to hear his voice. He calls me to find the way to the Father
through him. I must also know that others must know him to find
their way to the Father, too. How can we not be more passionate
about those around us who do not really know Jesus as their Savior,
Redeemer, Brother, and Lord? How can the first four books of our
New Testament lie unread?

PRAYER:
  Holy God and Righteous Father, give me a passion for Jesus and a
heart that knows him in word, deed, and concern. In the name of
Jesus, your mighty Word, I pray. Amen.

These were some additional suggested verses, I always read all the verses because sometimes the last verse is the one that God wants to use to speak to me.

Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.
4:7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
6:4 Rather as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; ...
Revelations 3:21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
12:11 They overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony;  They did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
John 11:41  So they took away the stone.  Then Jesus looked up and said, Father.  I thank you that you have heard me.
John 7:39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.
13:31 When he was gone, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him.
3:35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands...


Do we know and love the Father with the potential that is there?  

Father, open our hearts up to know you in a new way even this day.  In Jesus Name.  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment