Friday, December 24, 2010

December 24, 2010

Yesterday was a day at home.  I did a bit of cleaning, and then focused on writing letters, I try to keep up with the cards that we receive and add a greeting that is personal to them.  Dad went and blowed the snow in Damschens yard, when he got home we ate, and then I went and mailed letters.  From there I went to see Frank and Dorothy.  They had their house all ready for Erica and Charlie to come over.  After we visited I drove by Damschen's and saw Charlie, Erica and family and then came home.  Julie arrived by the time it was time to eat.  I really am in the mood to clean so I have been doing more cleaning in the 'office'  time for paper reduction.

Today is the day when we remember that special event,  we don't know what day it really was but it is a time to remember...

VERSE:
  [The shepherds] hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the
baby [Jesus], who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him,
they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this
child, and all who heard it were amazed ... But Mary treasured up
all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds
returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had
heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.
   -- Luke 2:16-20

THOUGHT:
  The shepherds' reaction to baby Jesus is exactly what our
reaction will be when we see the returning Jesus: we will glorify
and praise God for all the things we see and hear and will find
that they are just as God has promised them to us. Since God kept
his word in the first coming of Jesus, we can be assured that he
will do it with the Second Coming of Jesus!

PRAYER:
  Faithful and all powerful Lord, thank you for being trustworthy
and true. Help me to be faithful to you in what I do and say and
think during this stressful, yet marvelous time of the year. May I
never lose faith in the coming of Jesus and may my faith in him
ever shape my life to be more pleasing to you. In the name of your
holy Son I pray. Amen.


Where do we fit in? are we 'tellers' or ponderers?  Do we want to tell what God is doing in our lives?  Or do we like to keep things to ourselves?

Do we ponder and think about what is happening or do we make quick decisions?

Father, give me a heart to seek you and a desire to listen to what you speak to me.  Help me this day to be focused on you and the majesty and wonder of your coming to save my life from sin.  In Jesus Name. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment