Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010

Another day of school.  and students out early and teacher inservice for the rest of the afternoon.  Evening at home together.  


VERSE:
  [Jesus said,] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man
remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me
you can do nothing. ... This is to my Father's glory, that you bear
much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
   -- John 15:5,8
THOUGHT:
  We take on Jesus' character (bear fruit) by remaining intimately
connected to him. The distance between heaven and earth is not so
great when heaven lives within us. In John 14, Jesus reminded us
that if we will obey him, he will come and live in us and will
reveal himself to us. So as we obey him, we know him better. His
life becomes real in us.

PRAYER:
  Precious Lord, I want to obey your word, your will, and your
example. I want to obey you to honor you, to love you, and to know
you. So please, help me better come to know you as I more closely
walk in your steps. Help me to know what it means to live your life
in my world. Because of Jesus' mighty name I pray and thank him as
my Lord. Amen.

Father all that I am is based on my relationship with you.  Help me Father to be a willing vessel and willing to listen to what you are speaking in my heart.  Father I pray for my family that you would minister to them and guide their steps this day.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment