Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 5, 2010

Yesterday, I went to Devils Lake and did a lot of errands, though I think I still have more to do.  The weather was beautiful so it was pleasant to be out and about.  I met Jerry and his family on my way home, they had been up to the farm cleaning out everything.


VERSE:
  Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate
for the sheep. ... whoever enters through me will be saved. He will
come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal
and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have
it the full."
   -- John 10:7,9-10
    
THOUGHT:
  Jesus came to the world to give us life. He didn't come to bring
us rules, or judgement, or fear, or work. Jesus came to give us
life in its fullest form. While we know that this is promised to us
when we go to be with him for all eternity, John wants us to
clearly hear that Jesus' promise to give us life begins right now!
Not JUST life later, but also life NOW!

PRAYER:
  Almighty God, I confess that sometimes I play life too
carefully, not risking failure and loss and not reaching for your
opportunities and your concerns. Give me a heart that yearns to
live life in all its fullness by seeking after your will, Jesus'
example and the Holy Spirit's leading in my decisions today, and
always. Through the name of Jesus I ask this to your glory. Amen

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.


I read more scriptures and they told of how the various people groups condemned Jesus, and what he did.  There is no other way to God except through Jesus.  Many people will believe there is a God but accepting Jesus and allowing him to be that bridge to God is another thing.
This passage has talked about him being the gate to the sheep.  what a wonderful feeling to know that we are safely in his presence since we have walked through the gate and invited him into our lives.

Jesus I pray for each one in my family that today you would draw them a little closer to you.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment