Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 11, 2011

Yesterday Dad and I were in Grand Forks for food dr. appointment.  He wants me to continue as is, and I am thankful that my feet feel so much better.  Ate with Jacqui did a bit of shopping, stopped at Jerry's with mail and came home.  

Of all the things we could do, this is what matters with our relationship with God....

VERSE:
  For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has
any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself
through love.

   -- Galatians 5:6
    

THOUGHT:
  What matters most? Priorities must be valued disciplines in our
everyday lives if we are to be successful and productive. This is
equally true in our discipleship. We should want to concentrate on
what is key, essential, and most important.
Paul reminds us what is
essential: Faith showing itself in loving actions. Faith that does
not show itself in loving and helpful action is dead (James 2).
Jesus wants our faith to express itself in vibrant and loving
service.


PRAYER:
  Almighty God, please forgive me for the times I have lost sight
of what is essential and focused on what is peripheral. Please
forgive me for the times when my own interests and concerns were
more important to me than loving service to others. Please give me
eyes to see the people you would have me serve today, and each day,
so that others may know of Jesus' love through my actions and
words. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

I am encouraged by this devotion, I feel that it helps me to understand my life and what God is speaking to me,  the verses below were also a part of this devotion and they are so encouraging and helpful  


John 8:35  Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.

John 8: 32-36 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free, So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Romans 8:15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but your received the Spirit of  son ship. and by him we cry, Abba Father

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Galations 2:4 This matter arose, because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have n Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.
Galations 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather serve one another in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment