Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17,2011

Yesterday we went to Sunday School and Church, I had 4 students which is pretty good, for such nasty weather the attendance was quite good. We got some groceries and came.  The roads are terrible, so you put it in 4 wheel drive and head straight ahead and hope that you don't get off the path.  I am enjoying these days at home, no school today.  Took a long nap and stayed up late, did some reading, etc.

I enjoyed all the devotions I read, but this one reminds us that where ever we are at he is there and he is waiting to help us, so I am believing that for each of you this day.

VERSE:
  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side
of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand
will hold me fast.
   -- Psalm 139:9-10
THOUGHT:
  I guess for those who find themselves in places they shouldn't
be, the abiding presence of God might be a bit terrifying. But I
find great comfort in knowing that no matter where I go, from the
moment of my conception to the day of my death, God is always
there. He is there to guide me and sustain me. Even when I'm in
places I am not supposed to be, doing things I am not supposed to
do, he is still there. I can turn to him in repentance and receive
his grace. I can turn to him in need and receive his strength. I
can turn to him and know I am not alone.

PRAYER:
  Thank you, Father for loving me and personally knowing me. Thank
you for the assurance that I won't have to face a day without you.
Thank you for the comfort of knowing that I will never face my
sorrows alone. Thank you for being the strength that sustains me
when I don't have the strength to go on. Thank you that when
tomorrow dawns, I will be with you no matter what happens during
the night. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment