Friday, January 28, 2011

January 29, 2011

Yesterday was another busy day at school, no confrontation with staff member, but every minute of my day was busy,  helping students who have a difficult time have at least as much success with us as we can make possible.  After school, and I was able to leave early, I went to Devils lake, it was a really nice day so was the day to do errands.  I got some groceries that they will need at school, and did some other errands.  I ended my time with Edna, she had been in my thoughts and it was a good time.


                                                     January 28, 2011


VERSE:
  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you
with power through his Spirit in your inner being.
   -- Ephesians 3:16
   

THOUGHT:
  What is one of the most important things we can do for those we
love in the Lord? We can pray for them. But more than that, we can
pray that God will strengthen them with power through his
indwelling Spirit. This same Holy Spirit raised Jesus from death
(Eph. 1:19). This same Holy Spirit is God's great gift for those
who ask (Luke 11:13). This same Holy Spirit reanimated a valley of
dry bones (Ezekiel 37). And this same Holy Spirit will strengthen
those we love in the Lord if we ask for him to!

PRAYER:
  Mighty and awesome God, I have several brothers and sisters in
Christ who need your grace, mercy, and power poured into their
lives by your Spirit. Some need to be convicted of their
sinfulness. Some need strength and courage for their difficult road
ahead. Some need power to overcome besetting sin in their lives.
Please strengthen them with your power in their inner being through
your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

1 Corinthians 16:13  Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong, Do everything in love.

Philipians 4:6,13 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Colossians 1:11  being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father,

Romans 7:22 For in my inter being I delight in God's law.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.  And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

Ephesians 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.


What evidence in your life tells you that God is present?  How is he drawing you to him?  What does he want to say to you?  What does he want to do in your life?

Father, I pray that you would minister in my family this day in the power of your Holy Spirit, that they would see evidence of how much you care about them.  Guide those steps that they take today, help them to be drawn to you.  In Jesus Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment