Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011

Yesterday was a busy day at school, no really quiet times, I am either helping a Special needs child succeed in their studies or preparing assignments for a child that can't get the material or can't focus.  Then  a person on the staff came to me upset because she didn't think I was telling her what was happening.  I have had a challenge with this person all year, but maybe yesterday was God taking care of it.  Here I am sitting and finishing something for a student and she comes and isn't happy with the way things are being done...I felt like it was God causing this situation to happen.  I am not a confrontational person, so I just bypass people who act like that, so God orchestrates this situation and I thank him for it.  I took some beads to someone who can use them, came home and we ate, and I sewed a bit.  It was a good day.

VERSE:
  But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
   -- 2 Corinthians 4:7
 

THOUGHT:
  While there are many talented and successful Christians in the
world today, they are merely vessels for God's message of grace,
hope, and power. Our focus should never be on the container for the
message. Instead, what is most important is the integrity of the
messenger no matter the situation, so that the message can be seen
without distraction. God's power, not our own, is what sustains us;
we are simply a vessel, a tool, in the hands of the Lord.

PRAYER:
  Almighty and all-powerful God, thank you for using me to
minister to others as your partner in the work of grace. May my
service help them more perfectly see the glory of your truth and
grace you gave us in your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


That is what I feel about each one of you and your lives, that we could be servants of Christ for the benefit of those about us.  Jesus, bless your day.

5 comments: